I have been lucky enough to be awarded the Liebster award twice by sweet FAITH|LOVE|HOPE who blogs at https://thatgirlthatlikestowrite.wordpress.com and the lovely Papatia who blogs at https://papatia.wordpress.com/
Thank you soo much and Jazakumullahu khayr. This award is an online award by bloggers and for bloggers and it is passed on from person to person to encourage connection and support within the writing community and to help discover and put new bloggers in the spotlight. To accept the award, there are five simple rules:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions to you by nominator(s)
- List 11 random things about you.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Provide the nominees with 11 questions
- Notify the nominees via social media or their respective blogs.
My recent blogging activities have helped me meet some amazing people in the writing community which is filled with talent, encouragement and diversity. In no particular order, here are my nominees:
My questions to my nominees are:
- When and why did you start blogging?
- What is your favourite thing to do?
- What do you think of the world today?
- What are you always in the mood to eat
- What is always in your handbag?
- In a spouse what would you rather go for, looks or wealth?
- What is your favourite social media application and why?
- How would you rate your time management techniques on a scale of 1-10?
- Do you like cooking and why?
- Who is one person that motivates you always or a mentor?
- One advice you tell yourself a lot of the time.
Here are the answers to the two sets of my questions. At least you all would get to know a little more about me.
- What is your favourite colour and why?
I used to be very girlie loving pink and purple. Then I went into Rawdah and feel in love with green. It is such an amazing colour. For clothes, I like dull colours…grey, brown, blue…especially blue. I guess colours depend on my mood. I do not like bright colours like orange, yellow and so on.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
‘And they plan and plan but Allah is the best of planners’. With that in mind, here goes… I hope to have published my first book, completed my Qur’an memorization and started running my own pharmacy.
- What would my dream job be?
Alhamdulillah! As far as jobs go, I am where I want to be. I am working as a community pharmacist to gain experience to own my own in the nearest future. So maybe owing mine would be living the dream.
- What is your guilty pleasure?
I am a sweet tooth. From lollipops, M&Ms, Kit Kats, chocolate drinks, ice cream, cakes, doughnuts, popcorn, cookies, …you know what, it would be easier to list what I don’t like; jelly beans, marshmallows, Mars, Twix and Milky way.
- Where is the best place you have travelled?
Madinah Al-Munawwarah. ; The city of the Prophet.
- If you could invite three people to dinner who would it be?
This question can be answered in a number of ways… but I choose three living people and right now it is; Na’ima Roberts, Brooke Benoit and LaYinka Sanni.
- What is one goal you would like to achieve in your lifetime
To memorise the Qur’an. I would like it to be said to me on that day, Recite and Ascend…. In Sha Allah.
- If you were to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
Not to blow my own horn but Honest, Generous and Non-judgemental
- What is your favourite animal and why?
Ii would go with a Cat because it is the only animal I have tolerated for over a year.
- If you could describe Islam in three sentences what would they be?
The first three sentences that come to mind are:
Islam is a way of life. Islam is a whole package. Islam is the Deen of Allah.
- If you could be a cartoon character whom would you be and why?
Queen Elsa! Duh! She is icy hot.
- What inspired you to blog and how has blogging helped you?
I wanted to just write and I felt I needed to build a tough skin for criticism so blogging was a way to put my words out there. It has helped me meet awe-inspiring people Ma Sha Allah.
- What is that one wish that you would like to be fulfilled in this Dunya?
I take this to mean goal which has already been answered above but just incase it is not, to be a published author of an amazing book.
- Is there anything that you’ve wanted to write about since a long time but haven’t penned it down yet? If yes, then what is it about?
- What is the one thing/change that you think will help you to come a step closer to Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala)?
I would say bring the Qur’an much closer to me than it is. Living, eating and breathing this amazing book would help me to come a lot of steps closer to Allah In Sha Allah
- Who is that one person you wish to meet in person, but haven’t yet got an opportunity to? (After our Prophet Mohammed (saw)?
Dead I would say Bilal Ibn Rabah…
Living, apart from the three above, I would say Umm Zakiyyah
- What du’a would you make for your neighbour?
That they find peace and their homes are very happy. And May we all be admitted into Jannah.
- Your favourite food?
Very well depends on mood and time. Currently, it is beans and plantain. I am officially tired of rice and pasta.
- Your favourite person in the family and why?
I honestly cannot choose one. I have a character or two I love in each and every one of them even the littlest ones. Then again because it is the hubby that would read this long before anyone, I would choose him. Once he sets his mind to make a change, he makes it. His determination is out-of-this-world.
- Would you forgive someone, who has hurt you too much, on the condition of you being his/her neighbour in Jannah?
Oh yes! please. I do my best not to hold grudges or just not forgive people. I find it hard forgetting but I do forgive easily and it is also cool that I do not constantly remind the offender of his actions.
- What is the colour you wear the most?
Clothes I would say blue and shoes I would say black. Though my red trainers is becoming a fashion statement.
- Who is that one blogger whose blogs you admire the most?
LaYinka Sanni who blogs @ http://fromtuesday.wordpress.com her writing is amazing, you feel it deep within and I admire it. I look forward to her book one day In sha Allah.
Now for some 11 random things about me
- I like to make weird faces especially when am anxious or shy. When I am late and have to walk into a room, I just stick out my tongue.
- I laugh out loud… literarily.
- I adore my red trainers.
- I recently went from book lover to book hoarder.
- I am stronger than I look Ma Sha Allah.
- I was born into a family of workaholics and I am slowly becoming one.
- I love my job most of the time.
- I hate being late for anything. Weird sticking my tongue out moments as I walk in.
- I recently dropped my iPhone for a Samsung and nothing happened. People make it seem like your life would be unbearable once you have been used to the iPhone. Though it’s true, the app interfaces don’t come close.
- I hate being embarrassed so I hardly break set rules.
- When someone apologises to me, it should go like… I am sorry I did/said/did not do/or did not say… if not I would ask, what are you sorry for and “everything” is not an answer. It means you do not accept or understand you have done something wrong.
Thank you for reading and am always open to your thoughts on my pieces.